From Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Jonathon “Boogie” Long was born with the blues coursing through his veins. Brought up in a Southern Baptist community, he first picked up the guitar at the age of six, teaching himself old gospel songs. Years later, a teenage Long found himself playing weekly gigs at blues clubs and events around town. At fourteen, he left school to lay down his roots touring with local legend Henry Turner Jr. & Flavor from 2003 to 2005, as well as putting in time with Louisiana legends such as Larry Garner, Kenny Neal, and James Johnson at local Blues jams. Boogie has shared the stage with standout musicians such as Warren Haynes and Govt Mule, Jimmy Vaughn, Greg Allman, ZZ Top, Dr. John, Rockin’ Dopsie, 3 Doors Down, Ellis Hall, Ann Wilson, Henry Gray, Lil Ray Neal, and Lou Marini of the Blues Brothers Band.
In 2011, Boogie Long was crowned Guitar Center’s “King of the Blues” from a field of over 4,000 contestants, in the competition for #1 Unsigned Blues Guitarist in America. Soon after, Boogie was sought out to film 2013’s “Boogie Blues Magic,” an instructional three-DVD set on which he shares his original tricks for learning fundamental blues styles (www.boogiebluesmagic.com).
In April of 2013, Boogie was tapped by B.B. King to support his four week tour, also doing shows with Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Shepard, and Larry Mcray. Shortly after, he was asked to perform at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival and has been blessed to perform every year since.
On another recent project, Boogie co-starred in the independent film, “We Are Kings,” a fictional story about an elderly couple that owns a juke joint in the Mississippi Delta. Boogie currently fronts his own blues/soul trio, The Blues Revolution. His soul-stomping vocals and monster guitar shredding, paired with bluesy songwriting chops make his powerhouse performances a “must see”. His debut album, “Blues Revolution”, was released in April of 2013 and his 2nd album, “Trying to get There” was released in August of 2016 with Louisiana Redhot Records.
- Gibson ES335 Custom Shop
- Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro II
- Tacoma Acoustic
- Quilter ToneBlock and Buddah 2×12 Cab
- Boogie is endorsed by Gibson Guitars,Ernie Ball Strings,Presonus,Seymour Duncan Pickups, Big Joe Stompbox Company, Double Treble Guitar Straps, & “The Rock Slide”
- Jonathon Boogie Long and the Blues Revolution (2013)
- As Featured Artist:
- Henry Stewert “Diamond in the Rough” Guitar arrangements on Christian Life and Manner of Love (Gospel)
- Jermyn”Big”Poole “In You Live” Featured Guitar Solos on 2 tracks
- Luther Kent “The Bobby Bland Songbook:A tribute to Bobby “Blue” Bland” Guitar on I pity the Fool
- Joan Turner “Midnight Cheaters” Sung as a Duet,All Instruments done by Jonathon Long,released in 2009 as a Country Single
Jonathon has also done session work for Hip-hop artists Fiend, formarly of No Limit Records,and Savage.Also co-stars in the motion picture “We Are Kings” as “Dustin”